Electron Microscopy Technician
- Full Time (40 h/w)
- Klosterneuburg near Vienna, Austria
- € 42,000* gross/year (40h/week)
The Electron Microscopy facility supports the vibrant international scientific community at the institute, with state-of-the-art EM infrastructure. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a highly motivated person who will support EM facility users in this challenging environment. We welcome flexible and reliable team players who are interested in working in an international setting within a diverse and dynamic working atmosphere.
- Biological sample preparation for electron microscopy
- Support and training of users in the field of sample preparation techniques, microscopy imaging and image analysis
- Care of the Electron Microscopy facility equipment – conduct operational maintenance of sample preparation equipment and alignment of electron microscopes
- Experience with biological sample preparation for electron microscopy observation
- Work experience in the field of electron microscopy
- Work experience in a research environment in the field of natural sciences (biology, chemistry)
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- High degree of reliability and strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Very good English skills
ISTA is growing. Grow with us!
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
ISTA promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, free of discrimination. All employment decisions at ISTA are based on job requirements, qualifications, merit and organizational needs. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how ISTA processes your personal data, please refer to www.ista.ac.at/data-protection.